1. Keep it simple.Nothing turns your prospective customers off faster than a cluttered website and confusing categories. Don’t send them off to your competitors because they can’t find what they want because of misleading tabs with too many subcategories. An amateur designer thinks more is better. A professional designer knows better.
2. Avoid hard to read fonts. Graphic designers understand the nuances of a font or as some call a typeface. Some are easy on the eyes while others are almost impossible to read. Perhaps you’ve seen the name of a business written in Old English and all caps. Most fonts are not designed to be displayed IN ALL CAPS. We are trained to read that way. There are guidelines that graphic Designers use to ensure your website is readable.
3. Avoid the wrong colors. That’s easier said than done. Years of study are required to understand how colors interact. Can you name the primary colors, complimentary colors and the difference between warm and cool colors? LoudEgg’s Graphic Designers know how to use the color wheel to be pleasing to the eye.
4. Copywriting It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it. Copywriting is selling. How do you get the customers attention? How do you explain your idea? How do you explain how your product or service works? How do you reinforce those points? And most importantly how do you motivate the customer buy? It’s not a guessing game. It’s a science.
LoudEgg’s creative team knows.
5. Can a bad photo hurt your sales? You’re trying to pick a photo for your product. What is the best angle, the best exposure, the best resolution? What will it look like on a smartphone, a desktop or a tablet? Is it original or some stock photo that used on a dozen other websites? Can you choose a photo that best resembles your target audience? The photos should tell a story about your brand with color, cropping, style, and orientation.
6. SEO is key. If you have to Google SEO to see what it means, you need professional help with your commercial website. Otherwise you’ll spend a ton of money with little or nothing to show for it.
To sum up, your commercial website depends on the following criteria: Branding & Logo Design, Copywriting, Graphic Design, SEO, Social Media, Web Design & Development and most importantly Website Maintenance.
Contact us today and let us help you make your website the best it can be.
It’s not good advertising unless it sells.
405 Plandome Road
Manhasset, NY 11030